Re: seaint Digest for 9 Nov 2000

You are absolutely right about not leting the architect draft for you.  It always ends up consuming MORE of YOUR time than having it done in your own
office.

However, I have a problem with doing all the draftng myself (I do some).  Although the draftsman spends two days saving me one, I am charged at about five
times his rate.  So his two days are well spent.  I do not know the charge rates at your place, but if they are using people like you to spend time on
drafting, there must be something wrong with the system.

S A Masroor
Consulting Structural Engineer
Karachi, Pakistan