loader surcharge at top of retaining wall

I am designing an 18-foot high retaining wall which is
to hold back a ramp which will be used by a loader to
load bins.  The loaders front tires will likely be
stopping at the wall - once they hit it that is. I
don't have the loader size yet and I know that is
important but the question remains the same.  What I
would like to know is whether there are any good
references out there regarding surcharge loading for
this type of situation.  Our DOT uses something like a
3 foot minimum surcharge for bridge abutments but I
don't really feel comfortable just using that without
knowing more.  As always, your opinions are
appreciated.

Ken

=====
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.Lehigh Valley Technical Associates2102 Main St. Suite 200Northampton, PA 18067ph: 610-262-6345fax: 610-262-8188email: lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net