RE: welding nuts

I've seen "weld nuts" before.  I'm not sure how large they make them, check
out http://www.on-b.com/product/nuts/onb-nut.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 7:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: welding nuts

Our detailers want to weld nuts to the inside of some
tubes - sorry rectangular HSS - for bolting moment
connection plates.  They tell me that they can't field
weld  plates to the top and bottom because of a wall
being right next to the beam (I'm not sure whether I
buy this yet).  I have gotten the impression that
welding nuts is not a good idea.  Is there anything
written on this - or is it just not covered by the
code?
Ken

=====
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.Lehigh Valley Technical Associates2102 Main St.
Suite 200Northampton, PA 18067ph: 610-262-6345fax: 610-262-8188email:
lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net