Re: loader surcharge at top of retaining wall

As far as the force of the loader hitting the wall, I would use F= MA. I
would get the weight of the tractor  (perhaps 10 tons) and assume they
hit the wall at about 10 miles/ hr. I just designed a wall of similar ht.
but without tractors hitting it and I would not use less than about 16"
width at the top and about 20-24" width at the bottom. And I would not
consider using any block.

Stan Scholl, P. E.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.