Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?
- From: "lrk" <lrk(--nospam--at)csd-eng.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:59:14 -0700
Bill: I agree with you. We need to use Fy=46 ksi for this equation. This is the equation for checking the HSS wall crippling. (Refer to equation 8.3-2 of the manual, pg 12 on spec section). Also refer to the Example 7-1 (pg 7-6), the calculation of HSS wall crippling is correct in this example, i.e. Fy=46 ksi. Regards Lutfur -----Original Message----- From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net] Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 9:06 AM To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; structx(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc; aec-residential(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc Subject: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum? HELP, my head is fuzzy from staying up until 2:00 PM local time to watch the election returns. Someone please check me, here: On page 5-17 of the HSS Connections Manual (the 1997 "Black Book") at the very bottom of the page is an example of a calculation to check wall crippling for a cap plate connection to a W18 section. At the end of the equation being calculated, they seem to use Fy of the W section (in this example it is 36 ksi) rather than Fy of the HSS (which would be 46 ksi). Is this a misprint, or am I missing something? Hope Charlie or Harold or someone of equal genius with steel design can check this out for me.
- Prev by Subject: Re: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?
- Next by Subject: QUERY: Methods for Nondestructive Examination of Concrete Column
- Previous by thread: Re: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?
- Next by thread: comm#780--Re: Beam Reinforcement using Bolts