Re: seaint Digest for 9 Nov 2000

I take offence to American Engineers attempting on this forum to present
themselves as superior to others around the world.I run a division of a
company in the tiny island of Trinidad and no graduate engineer is
considered God. While we encourage them tolearn to draw there is still a
place for the experienced draughting technicians as they are more
productive.
In the Caribbean we have had many instances of North American
engineering incompetance and wastage, I have drawing in my possession of
structural engineering done by North American Engineers that failed to
meet code requirements here and had to be redesgned.
My wish is that whatever we may think personally, in this forum we
should respect each other, we are all equal here and in every part of
the world there is competence and incompetance.

Mark Francois