STAAD

I used STAAD from 1997 until three months ago when I needed some product support.  Even though the program was not user friendly nor entirely reliable (design), I persisted because of its SPSTRESS based analysis engine.  I received NO support and was basically ignored.  The best they could do was offer me upgrades from 22W to 2000 or Pro for $$$$. Then they expressed wilingness to help after the purchase.  End result, I went exploring and found RISA 3D and Enercalc have used them for a number of projects and would recommend RISA to anyone looking for a solid easy to use structural analysis/design program.

B.Davison, P.Eng.
RND Engineering (1997) Ltd.
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2M9
1(780) 465-8995