Re: STAADPro, STAAD etc

I will add my testimony to that of Ghassem. I used STAAD for YEARS, basically
because that was what was used wherever I happened to be working.

However, when I hung up my own shingle, I looked around for an alternative.

I personally recommend VisualAnalysis. It is INCREDIBLY easy to use and, while
it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the really heavy-lifting programs like
SAP (and it has a FAR lower price-point, besides), it does 99% of anything I'd
ever want to do with it.

STAAD is an attempt to shoe-horn ANCIENT analysis technology onto new hardware
and software systems, and the seams show dreadfully.

You'd do better to look elsewhere.

I can vouch for the fact that the folks at IES (VisualAnalysis' creators) have
been FABULOUS in the area of product support. In two instances, I found
legitimate bugs, and they sent out a fix to ALL users within a day or so!

Contrast that with REI (STAAD), whose answer to "bugs" is for you to upgrade to
the newest version (which often has the SAME BUG!)