Re: drafting cost

From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>
Subject: Re: seaint Digest for 9 Nov 2000
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

marfra(--nospam--at)opus.co.tt wrote:

> I take offence to American Engineers attempting on this forum to present
> themselves as superior to others around the world.

I haven't. I have said, instead, that NONE of us are that "superior". We ALL
have a lot to learn, and a long way to go.

With that in mind, typically in the U.S. a graduate engineer cannot expect to
earn a salary as high as an experienced draftsman will make.

Experience is the key

Please don't take me wrong.  I do not want this to degenerate into another word match.
We are not gods here. Not by far.   Even here, the fresh engineer is paid much less than an experienced draftsman.  However, by the time an engineer gets licensed and is signing drawings, he has usually gone much further.
    I was surprised because the original letter was written by Mr. Turk who, judging by his mails to the list, is a very experienced engineer.  Surely the most experienced draftsman is not worth that much.  Even in United States. Or is there something wrong with your system...?

Masroor

.