Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: QUESTION REGARDING CONCRETE MOMENT FRAMES[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: QUESTION REGARDING CONCRETE MOMENT FRAMES
- From: Brian McDonald <mcdonald(--nospam--at)exponent.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:12:36 -0800
Good point(s) Paul. In my mind I was picturing something that was marginally less than 0.3 - if the beam is anticipated to be much more slender, then boundary element type detailing would be required. I also agree (and should have added to my post) that any relaxation of the code requirements, even if justified by analysis and approved by the building official, should never be taken lightly.
- Prev by Subject: Re: QUESTION REGARDING CONCRETE MOMENT FRAMES
- Next by Subject: RE: QUESTION: "Duration Factor" for design of Beam-Column under 1 997 NDS
- Previous by thread: Re: QUESTION REGARDING CONCRETE MOMENT FRAMES
- Next by thread: ASD Load Combinations