Re: BEAM-TO COLUMN CONNECTIONS FOR MOMENT FRAMES

Kevin:

I believe that the "procedure" is that you can use
"pre-qualified"/accepted steel moment connections that are outlined in the
SAC/FEMA documents without further testing.  If you deviate significantly
from the those pre-qualified joint types, then further testing would be
required prior to the approved use of that non-pre-qualified joint detail.

Scott