From: "Rodriguez, Marlou" <mrodriguez(--nospam--at)BiggsCardosa.com>
To: 'SEAINT Newslist' <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: SEAOC Design Manual Vol 3 Example 4 design question:
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:50:16 -0800

Turning to Page 229 of the Seaoc Design Manual Vol 3, Example 4 "Reinforced
Concrete Wall".

When comparing phi*Vn with the max per UBC 1921.6.5.6  8*Acv*sqrt(f`c), Phi
was not applied to the Max allowed.

Can someone explain why phi was not applied,

Thanks

Marlou B. Rodriguez
Biggs Cardossa Associates Inc.
Structural Engineers
1871 The Alameda, Suite 200
San Jose, California 95126
408-296-5515 Fax 408-296-8114

Note:  The opinions that I write are my opinions and
are not necessarily the opinions of BCA.