Re: Shear studs

I recenly had an experience where the fabricator installed quite a few studs
using a stud gun.  When we remove ferrules we found some studs were not securely
welded.  I instructed 15 degree bend test.  The result was that quite a few of
the studs failed.  Right now he is phyiscally rewelding them.

I think you should remove any material that does not belong there, inspect the
weld and do test on stud where flash is missing.  Make correction if ncessary
then cast concrete.  That is your best bet.

If you are interested, I can email an article on stud inspection.
Nigel.