RE: A structural engineering journal

To add to Rogers list.....

Wood......

Develop a workable internal shearwall that is connected to a log
wall/log floor system which can allow for the log wall settling and
still do its job......

Actually prove what the Omega 'o' and 'R' (Table 16-N) values for
log bearing walls actually is, not just the seat of the pants...lets
use 2.8 and 4.5 respectively ....

The composite behaviour, or lack of, for multiple courses of logs
builtup as a lintel/beam etc(my favorate and if the fastener
companies would get me the load/slip information, I would be able
to publish my own research paper...in ASCE - JSE..)opps
daydreaming again....

And the scary one...fire resistance of a log wall......I know....do a
ASTM E119 test...

Peter McCormack
General Manager...R&D....