Shelter Promotion

Shafat (or whoever runs things now)

I received spam from Shelter Promotion for a new structural journal.  It
would appear that they got my email address by mining addresses from the
list (I do not recall posting anything to the list that could reasonably be
considered solicitation of this type of advertisement so I assume that it
was a mass mailing).  I believe that this is considered very bad form, as
we do not want spam to kill the list.

I was wondering what mechanisms are in place (other that inciting everyone
to flame the responsible party or calling for a boycott the offending
product- which is very tempting), for dealing with this?

Stanley P Johnson, PE