Re: QUESTION: Effective Length For Angle In Tension AND Compression

	If the CONNECTOR (HSA?) fails, you would be correct.  Lets just say all
the angles fail in compression by local buckling, then the tributary
load to each connection has not changed.  It has shifted to all tension
from one side instead of half compression from one side and half tension
on the other.  This logic only holds if the angle is supported at each
end by a connector - it must be able to take tension in either
direction.  Food for thought anyway....

	If there are extenuating circumstances that dictate it must be half and
half,  I think I would have to agree with Zachary's post.

Good Luck,

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT

--