Re: A structural engineering journal

I suggest that if the  editors of the ASCE Structural Journal wish to
make the publication useful to practicing engineers that they reserve
half of it for articles of interest and for practicing engineers to
submit to. The way it is now it is well known that it is of academic
nature and very few practicing engineers submit. I last submitted, in
Dec. 1960, a discussion about joints in large tubular steel offshore oil
structures. I have an article about ferro cement domes which I have been
too intimidated to submit because I have never done the calculus or other
academic studies. However four of the structures have been in service for
25 yrs. spanning 85 ft. over water reservoirs.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.