Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: A structural engineering journal[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: A structural engineering journal
- From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:18:45 -0600
"Raghu S. Pendyala" wrote: > > It is as if the ASCE journal is only for Ph.D and academics. May be they are > the ones who are sending articles to get published. Have practicing > engineers been sending articles of interest to all other engineers. If you > are a member of ASCE, you make the journal work for you. No, that's not correct. The only people who're going to get published in journals like this are those who're doing applied research. Almost the ONLY people doing applied research (and getting paid for it) are academics. Ergo, only academics are going to appear in these journals. True, you will sometimes see a co-author in the by-line who is NOT an academic, but if you look closely you'll realize it's almost always a graduate student of the main author, who has since graduated and gone to work for other than the academic institution.
- Prev by Subject: Re: A structural engineering journal
- Next by Subject: Re: A structural engineering journal
- Previous by thread: Re: A structural engineering journal
- Next by thread: RE: A structural engineering journal