Re: SAP2k: Modeling concrete floors with monolithic conc. beams

I agree you should save weight in such a structure. Why don't you go for a steel
structure, with steel plating for deck, and a concrete screed on top? You will
get the benefits of a concrete decking, without losing advantages of steel
construction, which integrates well with your substructure. Joint design between
steel substructure and concrete beams could also be a major problem? I am also
not sure if you can save weight by a finite element analysis of a concrete
beam-slab system.

Hariharan