RE: Flow drilling or Blind Bolting with HSS

I have no specific experience of using Flowdrill but Corus (formerly British
Steel) state in their publication TD384, which covers both Flowdrill &
Hollo-Bolt, that it is recommended for HSS from 3mm (1/8") up to a maximum
of 12mm (½") wall thickness in thread sizes M12 (½"), M16 (5/8"), M20 (¾") &
M24 (1").
On the other hand Hollo-Bolt is available in sizes M8, M10, M12, M16 & M20.
It is available in 3 lengths per diameter which gives it a wide range of
clamping thickness. Projects which the Holl-Bolt has been used on in North
America are listed below. Further details can be had from Lindapter NA on
(888) 724 2323 or http://www.lindapter.com

Project: Regional Performing Arts Center - Philadelphia, PA
Specifier: Dewhurst Macfarlane & Partners Inc - NY, NY
Contractor: Helmark Steel - Wilmington, DE
25,000 x M10 purchased for tube splice connection.

Project: Central Soya - New Building constructed from structural tube
Specifier: Ganotta & Herner - Monroville, OH
Contractor: Thomas Steel, Inc - Bellevue, OH
770 x M20.

Project: Mono-pole communication towers
Specifier: Engineered Endeavors - Mentor, OH
Contractor: Engineered Endeavors - Mentor, OH
288 x M16

Project: Kentucky Speedway Circuit
Specifier: Dant-Clayton, LLC
Contractor: Dant-Guenthner, LLC - Louisville, KY
260 x M20

Project: Connection of horizontal and vertical lifeline systems to
structural tube.
Specifier: Fall Arrest Systems - Ann Arbor, MI
Contractor: Fall Arrest Systems - Ann Arbor, MI
M16 used continually since product introduction to US Market.

Project: Hibernia Off-Shore Platform
Specifier: Hibernia Management & Development Co
Contractor: Hibernia Management & Development Co
150 x M10 in Stainless Steel.

Regards
Mick
mknight(--nospam--at)lindapter.com