Re: FEMA 350 B.U.E.P. Questions

FEMA 350 is LRFD.

p-sub-t should be p-sub-f.

c is shown in Figure 3-16.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo

*************************************

"Bill Allen, S.E." <Bill(--nospam--at)jrma.com> on 11/21/2000 04:20:27 PM

To:   <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc:   <roh(--nospam--at)eqe.com>

Subject:  FEMA 350 B.U.E.P. Questions

I have a few questions to anyone who has worked through this design
methodology.

Re: Eqn 3-19, p. 3-45

Is F-sub-v from ASD or LRFD? For example, for A-325 bolts, I believe
F-sub-v
is 48 ksi and not 21 ksi. Is this correct, or is it something else
altogether?

Re: Eqn 3-20, p. 3-46

What is p-sub-t? I cannot find this term defined.

Re: Eqn 3-23, p. 3-46

The only place I find the term "c" is in the RBS design methodology, but it
doesn't make sense in this case. Is there another definition somewhere?

TIA,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

the views of the company.