Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: FEMA 350 - Bolted Unstiffened End Plate Connection Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: FEMA 350 - Bolted Unstiffened End Plate Connection Design
- From: "Ron O. Hamburger" <ROH(--nospam--at)eqe.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:11:15 -0800
The following responses were provided to Bill Allen's email of 11/21, re BUEP connections- The p-sub-t dimension is the distance from the top surface of the top beam flange to the center of the line of bolts beneath the beam flange. Mathematically it is p-sub-t=p-sub-f+t-sub-bf. The Fv term should be in LRFD format, but with the resistance factor phi taken as 1.0. Thus for A325 bolts, the value is 48 ksi. The "c" dimension is equal to the center to center spacing between rows of bolts above and beneath the beam flanges. Mathematically is is c=2p-sub-f _t-sub-bf. I am currently compiling a series of errata for FEMA 350. If anyone has discovered other problems of this type, please post them to the list, so I can respond and also add them to the errata.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Fault Maps
- Next by Subject: RE: FEMA 350 - Bolted Unstiffened End Plate Connection Design
- Previous by thread: Re: FEMA 350 B.U.E.P. Questions
- Next by thread: RE: FEMA 350 - Bolted Unstiffened End Plate Connection Design