Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Out of Plumb Residence need help on fix.

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Portland cement-based compaction grouting improves soils by densification
of both
native and artificial fill deposits vulnerable to damaging future
consolidation.   A thick
mortar-like soil-cement grout is pressure injected into these soils at
vertical points or
stages to densify and thereby mitigate the soil consolidation potential.

See: Compaction Grouting Practices in Southern California by Eagen, Clark,
Tims and
Nonamaker dated September 1992.

It is not a guarantee,  but it helps to stabilize expansive soils.
Approximate cost for
a residence = $ 10,000.00

Hope this helps.

Desi J. Kiss, P.E.

----- Forwarded by Desi Kiss/we/Austin on 11/22/2000 09:21 AM -----
                    "Rodriguez, Marlou"                                                                             
                    <mrodriguez@BiggsCa        To:     "'Mark Gilligan'" <MarkKGilligan(--nospam--at)>             
          >                 cc:     "'SEAINT Newslist'" <seaint(--nospam--at)>                      
                                               Subject:     RE: Out of Plumb Residence need help on fix.            
                    11/22/2000 08:45 AM                                                                             
                    Please respond to                                                                               

Thanks mark for the advice.

Unfortunately, the house is a very nice and would be very difficult to let
go.  Moving in the Silicon Valley area would be definitely a very expensive
solution.  Definitely, after we come up with a solution and price for the
solution, we will have to see if selling and moving would be a better way

Thanks again, your comments are always appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Gilligan [mailto:MarkKGilligan(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 8:40 AM
To: Rodriguez, Marlou
Subject: RE: Out of Plumb Residence need help on fix.


You asked:

"Does anyone else know of an inexpensive solution to this problem."

Having lived through a major remodeling such as what would result from
leveling the house my advice is to move.

Mark Gilligan