Re: Out of Plumb Residence need help on fix.

I used to live in the Jackson, MS, area and my company did a lot of
structural evaluations for houses.  I wasn't directly involved, but I did
absorb some information.  And since I don't know any specifics of the house
in question, I can only mention solutions that I know have been tried in the
past.

*  Re-frame windows and doors and ignore the floor and walls.

*  If you're sure the cause of the problem has been eliminated (the leaking
pipe) the floor can be leveled by covering the sub-floor with a thin layer
of self-leveling "gypcrete" or equivalent.  The windows and doors will still
need to be re-framed, and you'll need to verify that the existing structure
can take the added weight.

*  Raise the foundation under the low areas.  This can be done by jacking
and driving piles, pressure grouting, etc.  I don't know which methods are
available in CA.

Good luck.  It could get expensive.

----
Jason W. Kilgore