Re: Out of Plumb Residence need help on fix.

Marlou:

Your suspicions concerning an expansive soil problem is probably right.
Although the problem may be a broken drain, you should determine if any water is
coming into the foundation and under the house from any other source.  Once you
determined that there is no more moisture intrusion, then you can start
correcting the out-of-plumb problems.

There are some foundation corrections company's on the Peninsula that have done
many of these projects.  I would contact one of them for some advice.  Some have
patented screw jacks that will raise the foundation back to it's original
position.  The interior individual footings and any continuous footings can be
done this way.  After this has been accomplished and you have waited a period of
time to determine that there is no more movement is happening, then have the
cosmetic repairs done.

When the house is releveled, I would expect that the sticking doors and windows
should become operable again.

Neil Moore, S.E.