Wood Shear Wall Allowable Values

I recently visited a job site where the contractor had overdriven a large
portion of the nails on the wood shear walls.  In most cases, they
penetrated nearly half way through the OSB.  Many of the nails
that were not overdriven were bent over, and pounded flat.

I am curious what kind of reduction this would have on the allowable
shear for the panel.  Does anybody know of any testing that has been
done?

Also, I had specified sheathing on both sides of the wall, with 8d nails
at 6 in. o.c.  I did not require that the panel joints be offset however.  I
will not make that mistake again.  The contractor installed the nails at
anywhere from 2 in. o.c. to 4 in. o.c.  According to UBC requirements,
I would need to have 3x nominal framing at the panel joints with that
kind of nail spacing.  The shear force on the wall was about 420 plf.
What would you guys recommend?

TIA.

Dan Goodrich, P.E.
Karren & Associates