Re: Out of Plumb Residence need help on fix.

If the owner is not in a great hurry and impatient (as I am, sometimes), I
suggest that:
- Reroute the drain
- Apply loading on the bowed portion of the floor
- Remove existing subgrade moisture as best as is possible (Build french
drains  around the periphery?)
- Wait a while (how long will depend on the clay content) to see if the
foundation  settles because of the removal of moisture in the subgrade. If it
does and    subsequently stabilizes, patch cracks in walls etc. and  fix
frames for doors    and     windows, as necessary.
- If settlement does not occur, then the owner should expect to spend quite a
bit of  money to fix all the problems. He has to compare the cost of such
repairs to the  money he will lose if he chose to move elsewhere,.

P. Rajendran