Re: Wood Shear Wall Allowable Values

As someone else that works in Utah, I would like to see you press this.
Whenever I press matters like this I always get the "Are you for real?"
look from the contractor.  A more consistent approach from the engineers
here in town would raise the bar of we expect from contractors.  One
realistic idea that I have used:  have him add one nail for every
overdriven one if the wood will tolerate it without splitting.

Best of Luck

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT