Re: HADD - Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings

I recommend people read info on this site. It will emphasize the need for
liability insurance. As one who has been through a  couple of such
problems, I can tell you that your design may be faultless but you will
still have to pay $5 or 10 thousand to settle. If you go through this
site you will note litigation against all kinds of window manufacturers,
pipe mfg., plywood mfg., roofing mfg., etc. You can get drawn into these
cases if you specify these products in your design, I believe. My
insurance company won't let me do anything on multi-family dwellings. It
is because home owner associations like to go for litigation.

Stan Scholl, P.E. FASCE