From: "Tom VanDorpe" <tvandorpe(--nospam--at)vcaengineers.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Beam Analysis
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:04:16 -0800

I need to create a general wood beam design spread sheet (using VB or excel)
for in house use. The user would input loads, (uniform, point and/or
trapizoidal).  I would like to know what is the typical approach to solve
beam stresses, Shear and Bending, and beam deflections. Is there a
shareware or a subroutine available in the market?

Any tips would be appreciated, Thanks.

Tom VanDorpe
VanDorpe Chou Associates, Inc.
(714) 978-9780