Re: Foundation Design Reference

Personally, I have found the following two books to be very helpful:
1. Principles of Foundation Engineering, by Braja M. Das
2. Principles of Geotechical Engineering, by Braja M. Das

It has lots of examples, equations are clearly marked out, not to many steps left out.
A friend has the first edition which has the most examples, worked on in detail.  I have the second edition.  It has more topics but some examples left out.  I heard there is a third edition.
In any event, I found it more practical than say, Bowles' book or more detailed than say Coduto's book.

Edward Arrington

>>> nblackburn(--nospam--at)fdgoak.com 11/27/00 07:52AM >>>
Happy post-Thanksgiving everyone.

I am looking to buy a foundation design reference book for our office and
there are so many choices!!  I am looking for a book that discusses
foundation design principles in a practical day-to-day application sense for
shallow and deep foundations as well as retaining wall design for cantilever
and restrained walls. Does anyone have a book (or books) they really like
and why.

Thanks for your input and help,

Nick Blackburn