Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Welding Code specialists[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org (SEAINT Listservice)
- Subject: Welding Code specialists
- From: ShirishM(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:38:22 EST
Steel Truss Joists manufacturers have certified AWS welders in their
fabrication shops(shops are certified too), yet I have seen manufacturers
stating exclusions to AWS-D1.1 of the specifications, when bidding on
projects. I need some insights to the cause of this exclusion. For those
experienced in welding:
1) What are the reasons for this exclusion? Is this specification too
stringent for the industry standards or does one know the intent of this
2)Does AWS-D1.1 only apply to certain types of welding in uncontrolled
environment (field welding) or it applies to all types of welding even in a
controlled environment(Shop welding)?
Shirish V. Mistry. S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Weld Inspection, Bakersfield
- Next by Subject: Re: Welding Code specialists
- Previous by thread: Links to Architectural and Engineering Discussions
- Next by thread: Re: Welding Code specialists