RE: masonry infill walls as lateral bracing in a low rise steel f rame building

Keith,

The only place I've seen it addressed other than in the FEMA publications is
in the book:

    "Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Buildings"  by Paulay
& Priestley

A John Wiley & Sons publication (ISBN 0-471-54915-0).  It addresses the
topic in Chapter 7 (Section 7.4, Masonry-Infilled Frames).  Although its
more applicable to concrete frames with infill walls it does lightly touch
upon steel frames infilled with masonry.

Hope that helps.

Robert C. Rogers, PE
robert.rogers(--nospam--at)woolpert.com

Woolpert LLP