Re: need help with slab

You analyzed a 4" two way slab spanning 58'x82' to carry 287psf? The
bending moment of 68kip*ft/ft sounds about right in that case. And the
bending moments in the beams are probably close to 380 kip*ft.

I suspect what you have done is forgotten about the self-weight of the
beams and slabs when comparing the two methods. You should get similar
answers for both methods although your method should be more accurate.

However, how do you check the deflections? I'm not sure that it works for
that case.