modeling of elastomeric bearing

hi everybody ;

to those who are interested in bridge design ;

i am modeling a bridge which has a sharp horizontal curve using sap2000.

- how do you model elastomeric bearings? do u take it as an element which
has its own stifness? or do you use only constraints in your model.

- and what about the expansion joints? how do u model an expansion joint on
a bridge model ?

- we are faced with big problems with the curved geometry, i.e huge moments
at our piers(we can not model it as if it was horizontal .. subtended angle
is bigger than 30 deg. as told in AASHTO) What may be done to idealize a
curved bridge behaviour?

thank you very much..

best regards,

mete