From: Y.I.Jang [mailto:lionfox(--nospam--at)shinbiro.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 7:45 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: WHAT IS VALUES OF Cd? HELP ME!!!

SomeBody HELP ME!

IN ASSHTO specifications,  I would like to ask,

In standard specifications for highway bridges, 16th 1996. Section 17
soil_reinforced concrete structure interaction system
17.6 Reinforced concrete box, cast in place.
17.6.4.2.2 Trench Installations

In this case Spec. said that "Values of Cd can obtained form Figure 17.4B"
but that figure don't show the Cd.

And so, 17.1.2 Notations describe Cd=load coefficient for trench
installations(Article 17.4.4) but I can not find Article 17.4.4 in this
book.

How can i get the Cd coefficent value?

Moreover, how can i consider the slope of excavation line, another concept
to Figure17.6.A. ?

 * like this

Any tips would be helpful,

Y.l, Jang.

 <mailto:lionfox(--nospam--at)shinbiro.com> lionfox(--nospam--at)shinbiro.com

[font-system]