Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: aluminum design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: aluminum design
- From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 00 19:20:00 -0600
>A poorly welded aluminum joint may >lose up to 60% (or more!) of the base metal properties if not executed >properly. Actually in, say, 6061-T6 the very best weld joint loses about 40% of the base metal strength, just due to weld heat input alone. The loss is roughly the same for other alloy series. Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen. ___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864) http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw
- Prev by Subject: RE: aluminum design
- Next by Subject: American Railway Engineering Assn. - where are they?
- Previous by thread: RE: aluminum design
- Next by thread: Re: Wall Studs