RE: Wall Studs

The company I used to work for did the design of the Ninja Turtles III set with stud that high in a Hanger in Astoria.  They used TJI's
----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Espenlaub
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: 12/4/00 3:31:03 PM
Subject: RE: Wall Studs

Your studs are too narrow.   You'll need 2x12's at 12" o.c. just for
wind at 80 mph for strength.  Good luck finding straight studs that
long.  Can you brace the wall with horizontal beams?  You might need
steel columns to brace the wall if horizontal beams do not work.

Charles F. Espenlaub, III, P.E.
Martin-Espenlaub Engineering