RE: Wall Studs

Thanks for the previous replies.

Now I have a question about connecting stepped diaphragms together: what
should be the tie force you design for when you are connecting them
together? I have enough shear walls to make it all work regardless, there
is just a worry about having too big a separation gap during an EQ. Would
I design for the entire diaphragm force ignoring the SWs?