RE: [AEC-Residential] Perforated Shearwalls

Announcement - Links to Summary of Testing reports for Long Shear Walls with
openings (aka Perforated Shearwalls).

As of this afternoon, I have located the summary of testing done at Virginia
Tech for AF&PA, The National Association of Home Builders (and HUD) and the
Wood Truss Council. The papers include Monotonic testing as well as
Sequential Phased Displacement of cyclically tested wall panels (long walls
with perforations).
This will allow you to adequately review the testing standards (which do
comply with the SEAOSC cyclic testing standards) as well as the
recommendations that each report makes.
I have not reviewed in depth the results of the testing, but from a casual
look, I believe that the tests have been shown to be valid.
The NAHBRC reports also exist on the site for Sequential Phased displacement
tests of wood-framed shear walls with corners and Sequential Phased
Displacement Cyclic Tests of wood-framed shearwalls with openings and base
restraint configurations.

The links are found on the Structuralist Professional Page at
http://www.structuralist.net/professional.htm. I invite all interested in
reviewing the documents to visit the discussion forum where the links are
found and to submit your opinions to any of the lists or discussion forums
available to you.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for: