Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Engineered wood for Tall Wall Studs

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I have seen Timberstrand in Portland, although it was being used for a rim joist.
While I like Trus-Joist products, it seems the tall wall stud issue is best addressed with steel studs.  Length no problem...straight...many size/strength/stiffness combinations available...lower material costs (be careful about labor, however).  Worth a look.
Larry Oeth
Portland, OR
----- Original Message -----
From: Mattesons
To: seaint
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: Engineered wood for Tall Wall Studs

Someone recommended using Trus-joist products for tall walls;  I noticed he works for Trus-joist.
I called for 26-foot "Timberstrand" studs, was very annoyed to find out that they are NOT available west of the Mississippi.
Maybe this has changed, but just because they will send you the product literature does not mean you can get the product.