Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Ref: UBC CODE INTERPRETATION[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: JLUTZ(--nospam--at)earthtech.com, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Ref: UBC CODE INTERPRETATION
- From: Vinod Sahni <SAHNIVK(--nospam--at)nv.doe.gov>
- Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 08:29:27 -0800
Thanks for your reply. But I probably got misunderstood or I did not clarify my question enough. Basically, the question is this: Let us assume the following - Equipment Wt = 5 kip, Accel at CG of Equipment = 0.65g Foundation Wt = 10 kips, Max Ground Accel = 0.40g Let us calculate base shear for foundation sliding check: Sliding Force = 5 kip x 0.65 = 3.25 kip ( I believe this will meet code). OR, Force = 5 kip x 0.65 + 10 kip x 0.40 = 7.25 kip (I do not think code requires this method). I would appreciate your looking into this further and giving your opinion. Thanks again.
- Prev by Subject: REF: Concrete Pipe
- Next by Subject: REF: UBC CODE INTERPRETATION
- Previous by thread: RE: Wind Turbine Foundations
- Next by thread: REF: UBC CODE INTERPRETATION