RE: ICBO Numbers

Paul

The main reason you are required to refer to an ICBO report is that you are
probably using a material or methodology that is not in the building code.
There is nothing in the code that specifically refers to ICBO. However, ICBO
happens to be one of the main entities that tests and approves alternate
methods and material, hence people commonly refer to it.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA