RE: ICBO Numbers

Paul,

AFAICT, UBC section 104.2.8/9, regarding alternate materials/methods/design,
applies.  The ICBO *Evaluation Report* *may* be considered by the building
official as the, "... sufficient evidence or proof ..." required in the third
paragraph of 104.2.8.

I don't believe that there is anything in the code that says that the
"sufficient evidence or proof" has to be included on the plans.  It would
seem that a letter to the B.O. stating that, "ICBO-ES #### applies to use of
such-and-such," would comply with the requirements of 104.2.8/9.

However, the building official has the discretion of accepting *or rejecting*
and report, including an ICBO-ES report, that he/she does not find
satisfactory.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Paul Feather wrote:

>>        Could someone please inform me as to where in the building code
(standard construction, not essential facilities) the requirement for
indicating ICBO report approval numbers on the plans and details is located?<<