Re: Tall wall studs, Timberstrand, and Bozos

I'm probably the "bozo" of concern.....

Unfortunately, I work in R&D and not marketing.  I've made a couple calls to try and come up with an answer to your question....and will let you know what I find out.  Your best bet to determine the availability of certain products in your area is to contact your local field representative.  They should able to help figure out what products you can purchase, lead times for custom orders, etc.   You can find that representative and get answers to many of these questions by calling 1-800-628-3997.

Ned Waltz, P.E.
Corporate Engineering
Technology Center
Trus Joist, A Weyerhaeuser Business
P.O. Box 8449
Boise, ID 83707

Ph:  (208) 332-4232
Fax: (208) 332-4220

>>> matteson(--nospam--at)yosemite.net 12/06/00 10:48PM >>>
Timberstrand is available in the western states in LENGTHS UP TO 17.5  FEET  last I heard (May 2000, from TJ rep).  Don't remember if this was only in 1-1/4 inch thickness or 1-1/2 inch.   Check with your local rep.

I hope they will start distributing 1-1/2 inch by 35-foot long Timberstrand on the west coast soon--it's great for rafters under heavy snow loads, as well as tall studs.   Anyone from Trus Joist out there?  I know someone was recently...

<sermon mode on>

Let's try to keep things courteous here...   In one of my posts I stated that "someone"  worked for Trus Joist--his e-mail address  was  name(--nospam--at)trusjoist.com

Someone ELSE thought I was refering to him, and responded:

    "I dont work for truss joist yu Bozo, I just stated what we did."

That would be MISTER Bozo to you, sir....

<sermon mode off>

Thor