Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: SAP Question![Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: SAP Question!
- From: "Lutz, James" <JLUTZ(--nospam--at)earthtech.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:58:28 -0800
SAP will not compute composite section properties for you. You can use SAP for frame analysis with composite sections if you compute the section properties manually and then input them. You will have to use constant material properties for the entire section, which probably means using transformed sections if you are using something like a concrete filled tube. I don't think SAP will design this kind of section for you. You will have to assume a section then check using analysis results, modifying the trial as necessary. -----Original Message----- From: Wael Shabana [mailto:waelshabana(--nospam--at)yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 2:30 PM To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org Subject: SAP Question! I am designing composite column for a building. Can I use the SAP 2000 in anlaysing and designing composite sections. Wael Shabana
- Prev by Subject: SAP Question!
- Next by Subject: RE: SAP Question!
- Previous by thread: SAP Question!
- Next by thread: RE: SAP Question!