RE: [AEC-Residential] Perforated Shearwalls - Response to Jay Crandell's Comments

Jay,
I read and re-read the starting paragraph of your e-mail response and I owe
you an apology. I've been trying to make this information available to the
professional community for quite a few years now - as you well know. When
you finally send a statement exhibiting a gracious willingness to work with
the professional community, I just did not recognize the well intention and
responded defensively. I simply misinterpreted your comments and for this I
humbly apologize to you and to REACH.

I'll hold my apology to SEAOC until which point that they can put me in my
place by making the work of the Seismology Committee available and provide
us with as magnanimous an offer.

I hope you will accept my apologies and stay with us on the list. You can
also count on my help to insure that the word gets out and that there is a
definitive link to all the important information and resources to make sure
that the professional community's opinions and suggestions are heard.

Respectfully,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net <http://www.structuralist.net>