RE: truss bracing

I believe that the gang nail truss industry currently uses 80/d (where d is
either the breadth or depth of the bottom chord member) as a maximum
unbraced length for truss bottom chords.  I think that there is an
institute called the Truss Plate Institute that publishes guidelines for
the gang nail industry.  In the absence of any other guidance, their
criteria might be a reasonable restriction for timber trusses.

Stan Johnson, PE
P.S.