Drilled Piers

I'm working on a project in the Kansas City area that will utilize drilled
piers.
Based on the loads and soil conditions (soft clay over bedrock), we're
looking at using 9'-0" diam. x 35' long piers in some locations.  Including
the cap, this is over 100 yd^3 of concrete per pier!

I've never worked with piers larger than 6'-0" before, so I don't even know
if they make an auger this big.  Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm not the head guy on this -- I'm just helping another engineer out.  I'm
not making any of the decisions on the project.  I just thought I'd check on
what was available before the final drawings go out next month.

----
Jason W. Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com