Re: Drilled Piers

Jason:

Piers larger than 6'-0" diameter are used so augers for those types of
larger sizes should be available.  Typically, drilled piers on the order
of 9'-0" or larger would show up on high rise buildings.  If my memory
serves me correctly, several of the high rise buildings in downtown
Detroit sit on drilled piers that are larger than 10'-0" that go down to
bed rock (about 100 ft if I recall correctly).

Hope that helps,

Scott